Achievements of Our New Orleans Personal Injury and Accident Lawyer Team - Metairie, Kenner
Some of our personal injury lawyer team's accomplishments include:
- Our firm has recovered millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts on behalf of clients.
- We have achieved a success rate of over 90 percent.
- Our lawyers have recovered over $2.5 million in hurricane insurance cases
- Eric Nowak and Shirin Harrell were appointed as class counsel in Marshall vs. Air Liquide, an environmental hazards lawsuit in Civil District Court for Orleans Parish.
- Shirin Harrell and Eric Nowak were appointed to Plaintiff's Steering Committee for all Hurricane insurance cases against State Farm and Allstate in Section F, United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana.
- Eric Nowak was elected to the Board of Directors of the New Orleans Chapter of the Federal Bar Association. He has served on the Board since 2006.
- Shirin Harrell is a licensed Registered Nurse as well as an attorney.
- Eric Nowak is the recipient of the E. Randolph Williams Award for Outstanding Pro Bono Service.
Notable Verdicts and Settlements
- Over $1,000,000 settlement in a five-car accident in Jefferson Parish, Louisiana where our client was rear-ended. Our client was seriously injured, required multiple back surgeries and was permanently disabled. Following months of intensive depositions and discovery and only days before trial, the insurance company and the defendants settled this personal injury claim.
- More than $500,000 obtained in additional insurance proceeds and a settlement after filing a lawsuit when representing a condominium for damages sustained by the building from Hurricane Katrina. This was a breach of contract case where the policy holder sued to obtain insurance coverage it had paid premiums for, but where the insurance company denied over 75 percent of the claim made by the building owners.
- $500,000 settlement for personal injuries in a medical malpractice case for the wrongful death and the survival damages for the husband and son of a young woman who died from a subarachnoid bleed in her brain. Her death was caused by a medical error where the doctor prescribed an excessive amount of the pharmaceutical drug coumadin following the birth of her child.
If you have suffered from medical malpractice or another type of personalI injury, contact a lawyer at Harrell & Nowak, serving New Orleans, Metairie, Kenner, and areas throughout Louisiana.
- $450,000 personal injury award obtained for the wrongful death and survival actions in a medical malpractice action for the parents of a 18 year old college student who died following improper treatment by the emergency room for the treatment of asthma. He was from New Orleans attending college in Natchitoches, Louisiana when the asthma attack and medical mistreatment occurred.
- $375,000 obtained in a settlement for a premises liability case. Our client had a serious personal injury – breaking his femur and requiring emergency surgery when the balcony of a building collapsed while he stood on the balcony.
- $230,000 obtained for the personal injuries of a young woman who was the victim of medical malpractice. The surgeon who performed an emergency cesarean section left a surgical sponge (laparotomy pad) in her body. This medical mistake caused an abdominal infection that required abdominal surgery to remove the surgical sponge.
- $200,000 in a settlement for a business insurance dispute where a Plaquemines Parish Louisiana business was denied property and business interruption coverage under the insurance policy. The insurance company denied the insurance claim for wind and rain coverage from Hurricane Katrina.
- $200,000 settlement for the personal injuries in a wrongful death and survival action for the parents of an 18 year-old young man who died following an asthma attack triggered by mold and other environmental contaminants in the building. The building owner was sued for being responsible as the premises owner.
If a loved one has suffered a wrongful death in an accident on someone else's property, contact a lawyer at Harrell & Nowak, serving New Orleans, Kenner, Metairie, and surrounding areas.
- Verdict in federal court against Allstate for $136,130 in damages for a hurricane insurance flood claim. Steven Jackson v. FEMA and Allstate, USDC Eastern District of Louisiana, No. 06-4169. Insurance company argued that there was no money owed under the policy because they believed that our client was 7 hours late paying a premium – but accepted and deposited the check.
- Recovered over $40,000 in a personal injury and medical malpractice lawsuit for a man who was improperly prescribed coumadin after cardiac surgery. Our client was hospitalized for several days and required seven units of blood for a hemorrhage due to the coumadin toxicity.
- $40,000 obtained for a pharmacy error and the resulting personal injury. The pharmacy gave our client the wrong prescription causing her to be hospitalized.
- $30,000 settlement for our client’s personal injuries from a medical misdiagnosis. Our client suffered an ectopic pregnancy which ruptured, but the doctor misdiagnosed it as a miscarriage.
- $10,000 settlement for our client’s personal injuries in a medical malpractice case where our client was burned by a bovie pad during surgery.
New Orleans Personal Injury Victims: Contact an Malpractice Accident Lawyer- Serving residents throughout Louisiana, Metairie, Kenner
If you have suffered a personal injury because of someone else's negligence, contact an accident lawyer at Harrell & Nowak. Our New Orleans office serves Metairie, Kenner, and all surrounding areas.